Friday, September 02, 2005

shines and spoulders

I hurt my thumb today. It was in a very good cause though: the island unit in my kitchen is now (finally) properly mounted to the floor. It would have been years ago but for someone else's over enthusiastic helpfulness which resulted in an island unit I hadn't had to fit, but which spilled peoples' drinks when sneezed at. I've been waiting for a day where I had a helper and the right sort of energy, Justin was off today and it was energisingly sunny but neither of us really felt like doing anything outdoors. So instead we engineered all day with big bits of wood and bracketey things and powertools.

Yay for productive fun!

(the thumb hurting came near the end when I hit my thumb with a hammer in a cartoon-esque manner. It hasn't swolen to four times its size though, happily.

No comments: