Tuesday, October 03, 2006

choo choo

Today's job was going to Glasgow with assorted papers and getting my glitched passport fixed... yeah, I know, I booked a trip to the other side of the world, you'd have thought I'd have a passport... well I did but somehow (three years ago - so sue me I have a low Follow Through) my fore- and surnames got transposed on it. I've never realy gotten round to having it fixed since it's not really been a problem for EU travel but I figured I should get it sorted ahead of going to Australia.

This post isn't about that big journey though, it's about the little one I made to Glasgow. See, the trip to Guisachan last week was the last excuse I had for owning a car and I decided a while ago that now was the time to say goodbye to my friend Frank*... OK so I haven't actually placed the advert yet, but I'm thinking of this as buffer-time, it's been a really good few months and I'm going to miss my big old Sweedish brute when he goes.

Meanwhile this morning as part of my aclimatisation to the ranks of the carless I thought I'd take the train to my appointment with the Passport Office in Glasgow. I like train travel, it's relaxing. I did some bits of work (yes! I used the W word!) and listened to some chilled out music like this and watched the world flit past the window without having to worry about which exit to take, or how close the car behind was... I could get used to that...

... though I'd still going to miss my car.

*no, scroll down the post! I'm talking about my car not my nephew!

No comments: