Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mandurah & Secret Harbour

Right here (as promised) are the backdated posts from my adventures in teh South West - back on metered internet access so they'll be brief... first stop on my journeys in the south was Mandurah:



I ended up here first, completely by chance but it turned out to be a really lovely spot to see the town from, not to mention a peaceful sculptural memorial - three rows of white stone columns march up out of the ground rising in height in the middle then falling away into the river, this stream runs between them and disapears into the river. Very tranquil spot for writing.



Seems that the endless bronze statues aren't limited to Perth, still this Pelican madea great foreground for the sunset.



After Mandurah I rolled on to an amyusingly well signposted spot called Secret Harbour, where I kipped in the back of the Holden overnight awaking to this stunning white beach at dawn - lovely spot for a bit of yoga and a refresing morning swim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my hood! :)

I hope you like it.

Not sure how i found your blog, just kinda stumbled across it :)

Have you been to Fremantle or Perth City yet?