Tuesday, January 09, 2007

on my way home...

... and wishing I'd booked a flight straight through to be quite honest, though that's as much because I have a gummed up head as it is because I don't like Hong Kong. That's not entirely fair: I hardly know Hong Kong, better to say that I don't find it very compelling. Excitingly different, busy, gargantuan and visually very much like being inside Ghost in the Shell* but not compelling. At least not to me.

I'm sad to have left Australia (and determined to go back and visit it again because I like it a lot, I made some great friends there, and there's plenty of it that I didn't see this time round,) but I'm also really looking forward to getting home.

I miss Edinburgh, I miss my friends & family, I miss the cold (yes really!) I miss breathing clean air**, I miss having my stuff around, and I miss knowing what all the things are when I go shopping because they're the same things I grew up with... I miss feeling at home. adventuring is good and a big part of what's good about it is the way you get to come home afterward.

*albeit with far fewer naked cyborgs running about of course
**mostly due to being here in Hong Kong where quite frankly the air should be being distilled into some kind of fuel source it's so full of fumes, but nowhere in Australia had air that felt as good on the lungs as it does back home

No comments: