Saturday, April 21, 2007

angry weasel

Nobody likes having their time wasted, but having it wasted over the sale of a car I was hoping to have completed six months ago is the pits. Following on a sudden flurry of interest in my car this weekend I've just spent all afternoon over at Phil & Murray's (where Frank's been staying while Phil has him on loan) waiting for people who didn't show up... or who in one case (out of five!) showed up with four friends, two of whom prodded at the car inexpertly for fully two minutes (while yammering excitedly at each other in Polish) before announcing that it was too expensive (at £990, which is actually pretty reasonable according to autotrader) and wandering off. I mean fair enough if you don't want to spend that on it, but the price is in the advert so don't waste my time by showing up to take a cursory glance at the car (about which you clearly know nothing) before announcing that you can't afford it (they weren't even trying to haggle - the whole thing was quite surreal)

grrrr

So I'm feeling like I've had a completely wasted afternoon, which isn't fun. Happily Phil's & Murray's company was as always a pleasure and Phil managed to cheer me up considerably by flinging cushions at me. Still I'm fed up with this whole car thing and just want it finished with... strangely enough I'm still very fond of the car itself, I'm just sick of selling it.

No comments: