Thursday, March 19, 2009

fugit

So there have been grumblings from various quarters about the lack of content here of late. I didn't think I'd been all that remiss until I popped onto the page and noticed I'd managed three whole posts in the last quarter. oops. There was at least content in those three though right? um... <hangs head in shame>.

So time for a real post then?

Yes.

...

Spring seems to be here... or to at least have sent an advance guard. I like the seasonal nature of my adoptive home (one of the reasons I choose to live here) so I've been enjoying winter and before that I was enjoying autumn and so on back through the years, but one of the things that really fires me up about living somewhere where the seasons properly change is seeing them... change. Consequently I'm walking to and from work with a big grin on my face of late. Overheating quietly from my superstitious refusal to abandon the winter coat just yet. :D

What else is news? The new flat is all settled and feels like home now... Hame and I will have a housewarming soon, we just have to both be in at the same time (and notice that fact, which isn't a given in our sizeable new empire!) and remember to compare iCals*. Any of you reading this nearby will probably get an invite (unless you're people I don't know I suppose, or reading it after the fact...) but for those of you far away who've not yet been to visit and have been waiting patiently for me to upload photos... I still haven't taken them. Sorry. Google can keep you amused in the meantime though by allowing you to have a virtual wander round my neighbourhood (starting off from outside my front door looking back at the flat) - neat eh? I recommend navigating with the arrow keys... and not clicking that link if you have anything you want to get done in the next few hours: it's very compelling for some reason.

Hobbes news (for those who are interested) is that he's still tucked up sleeping in the garage and awaiting attention from experts but while I was procrastinating the excellent fellows at FCCUK have found a much closer garage to recommend, so instead of Essex I only have to get my poorly car to East Kilbride once I decide to actually do something about his oil habit.

There. That's what's going on with me just now - apologies to all the people who've been checking in and going away disappointed over the past few months. Assuming you're still reading. I was a bit surprised (and gratified) by the number of people who grumbled but I promise not to leave it so long next time.

* confession: he is actually sitting across the room from me as I type but a) we're both busy and b) that is a genuinely rare occurrence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been having a virtual wander around Edinburgh. Feeling a little homesick now :o( Really miss you guys!

Patrick said...

Aw Jen - we miss you too