Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Conflicted

At home I'm all environmentally responsible with my detergents, largely I'll admit because I like the smell of the ecover stuff most. There is also that warm fuzzy feeling you get from making a small change that might help slow the damage we're doing to the world around us though. Anyway on the side of the washing up liquid bottle is this little drawing:



...and it bothers me. At work we have standard Fairy for washing up and (because I'm still 5 on some levels) it pleases me when I put the bottle down, accidentally-on-purpose squeezing it and a little cloud of bubbles fill the tiny office kitchen. I restrain myself from giggling but I will stand and watch them for a moment and it makes me happy. So I have a hard time reconciling this simple joy with the evil little cartoons on the side of my washing up bottle at home. How can bubbles ever be bad?

1 comment:

Justin said...

Know what you mean. Interestingly, I was under the impression that Ecover had started making their washing up liquid bubbly due to coming lower in consumer comparison tests.

We've started using Ecoleaf which you use less of and is definitely not bubbly.

I miss the bubbles.