Thursday, October 13, 2011

Home again

Had a lovely holiday. Long day getting home yesterday though.

Oh and I waited until Edinburgh airport to take money out... and the bloody American Express ATM still gives me a weird Bank of England £20. They've changed since I lived down south... looked like a prop from a movie about some Edwardian era banker... used it to pay for milk immediately because it was unsettling me and got a Bank of Ireland £10 in my change. :D

France was just what I needed. I didn't know I needed a holiday when I left. Frankly I didn't think I deserved one, but the shift in my mood and energy since coming back is astounding. I think I'd got pretty run down in September... it's been a strange year, and I think the turmoil of all of it had built up. Taking a couple of weeks away from it all in the tranquil French countryside has been really restorative.

Time with Mum & Dad helped too - or "playing on the beach with the aged Ps" as Mum put it - I don't want to gush but I feel very lucky to be part of my family. I know not everyone gets that but mine are a real source of joy and support.

Happily I've come back raring to go with work because there's a lot on the horizon... stay tuned

No comments: