Thursday, February 26, 2004

cold

the weather is taunting me. A week ago it looked like the beginning of spring snowdrops had appeared and mornings were mild... Of course the moment I noticed this it snapped back to being winter, and I'm fed up with winter if only because it makes driving difficult.

First there's all the scraping of frost off glass (bah) then there's the road salt (I washed my car on Monday afternoon, by Wednesday morning it looked two-tone again with the lower half of its body caked in white-grey road salt. ik!) and of course the small matter of ice - not on the roads mind you, enough of the salt seems to stay on the tarmac to keep that from happening but every morning this week my windscreen washer jets have been frozen solid and it's a pain... The italians make beautifully designed cars which are pure joy to drive, but they (naturally) do not appear to understand about cold weather.

humph

No comments: