Monday, February 09, 2004

restless blogger

hm.

So at the moment this page is power by blogger, and that works very well for what it does *but* there are two things I'd very much like it to do that it doesn't, the first being enabling you (the reader) to comment on what I've said should you want to. The site is now getting in the region 400 hits a month from all over the world, and that's steadily increasing, but without a comment field I have no way of knowing who most of you are, or what brought you here and what you think... and I kind of think I'd like to.

The second short coming of blogger (for me) is that there are no third party scripts that would allow me to auto-update my LiveJournal page when I update this page. I only have a LiveJournal account in order to be able to comment on a few friends blogs that are lazily hosted there, but it would be nice to be able to mirror my postings on both sites and it looks as though, were I to use MoveableType or WordPress I could do just that... trouble is that both of those would require that I move hosts (since the lovely people at heavenly host only support one kind of scripting and it's the wrong one)

bah. maybe this is just one of those cases of everything working fine and me feeling an urge to change it all for the sake of it? It's certainly a case of me blogging to clear my head and the end result being of no interest to anyone. sorry about that I'll be more interesting next time.

No comments: