Saturday, June 24, 2006

"...and that made me gay"

I'm ripping most of my old tapes so I can get rid of them... this means revisting some pretty dark, dank and forgotten corners of my musical tastes.

...which brings us to Bucks Fizz the band I once told a classmate would outlast Michael Jackson (yes really! though in my defence it was 1984, I was 7 and he does suck) - I can't believe my parents let me listen to this stuff - these lyrics are "rood!"*, they're all about sex, but also they're really really gay... I'm starting to wonder if Hamish's oft repeated refrain might not have some truth to it.

*that will only make sense to about six other people but it's the right word to use

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get the reference! Second hand, but I do.

*hip*

Owen Blacker said...

I don't get the reference, but I'm frankly stunned that your parents didn't realise you might bat for our team on suggesting that Bucks Fizz might outlast Michael Jackson.

I mean, sure, I can totally see what you mean, but really?! :o)

(PS: Are you (two?) coming down for Europride or what? :P )