Wednesday, June 28, 2006

recorded

OK so last week me Liz and Phil went to see Big Hand (yes, again they're really good!) and because over the course of our recent joint adventuring I've ended up marginally financially better off than Liz, I paid her back in EPs, all three of the band's current published works in fact. Liz being the lovely soul that she is promptly copied all three onto a CD for me (and yet somehow we're still even) so I too could enjoy the wonder that is recorded Big Hand...

... thing is, I've only ever heard them live before. Liz has commented on this too, it's most odd hearing the band without being surrounded by a sweaty audience of loopers all bouncing about like mad things.

They're very good. But it's sort of like discovering a whole new band, and it makes me wonder how much of art in general is about context...

No comments: