Thursday, December 18, 2003

Return of the King

well I'm utterly shattered from a combination of end-of-term fatigue and being up far too late last night, but I'm happy!

The film last night was spellbinding! I went with 'nite, Keith, Liz, out to the big Ster Century cinema in Lieth (to mild protestations from Liz, who in true city-centre-dweller fashion seems to regard any journey she can't make on foot as a heroic undertaking, even if it doesn't actually involve leaving the city.) Since tomorrow is travelling south day for Patricks, and tonight is entirely taken up with the business of getting ready to travel south (like wrapping presents and then finding space in my miniscule luggage for all of them, oh and packing said luggage of course...) last night was my last night with my friends before New Year, and the film made it a memorable one.

I shan't attempt a review because a) I know there are certain people likely to read this before they've seen it, for whom I might spoil things and b) I am shattered (as I believe I mentioned,) and therefore my descriptive powers are somewhat diminished. I will however say that if you haven't already seen it you should go and do so as soon as possible if not sooner, and that I'd pretty much guarantee you'll enjoy it... unless you happen to be my mother in which case you'll thoroughly enjoy all of it except perhaps one of the battle sequences which I suspect might upset you, but I don't want to risk spoiling it by saying how.

Anyway the point is that it's great, and that I managed to see it before going away so I won't have to gag my entire family over christmas to keep them from telling me about it! Of course it did mean that I didn't get home until half past one and because I'm travelling tomorrow (not to mention being quite spectacularly disorganised as always,) I couldn't go straight to bed like a sane person, but instead had to do a bunch of laundry and other similarly exciting jobs before finally colapsing into bed much much later than is right or fair for a working night... don't care though. *big happy grin*

No comments: