Monday, March 29, 2004

short

I'm feeling short today. I have no idea why, but I am (and before certain people start, I am not short, I just feel short - OK?)

I used to get this a lot when I lived in Aberdeen where periodically the streets would be filled with oil rig workers on leave - all of whom seemed to me to be implausibly tall! I'd be walking up Union Street, and find myself standing at a pedestrian crossing at only shoulder height with all the other people on the pavement! I'm really really not short. I'm not particularly tall either (about five feet nine inches, or one hundred and seventy five centimeters tall, which is a perfectly respectable middling sort of height) but I never really feel like my height - my mental image of myself is a good couple of inches taller than his real-world counterpart on most days, so it's doubly unsettling when I have a short day... especially when there aren't any big strapping riggers about to gawp at by way of compensation ;)

No comments: