Monday, March 08, 2004

weekend update

so that was fun.

I had another great Friday night out with the gang, in spite of being felt up by a disturbingly grabby drunken OAP in Greyfriars before the show. The pub was unusually busy and the only spot free happened to be next to a loud (and patently rat-arsed) party mostly composed of middle aged men - it looked like a retirement bash of some kind, so I guess they had good reason for being plastered, but they were so rude: sprawling across twice as many tables as they really needed in a very crowded bar, blowing smoke everywhere, shouting at each other and all the while poking, prodding and generally bumping into us at roughly three second intervals... I'd already planned to leave ahead of the others as I was meeting a new friend Frank who (understandably) felt that being dropped into the midst of our Friday crowd from a cold start was a somewhat daunting prospect. Just before I left I was quite unashamedly groped by the elderly man who appeared to be the guest of honour - I'm told I turned a very strange colour but I just about kept my cool. I'm happy to find that someone eventually retaliated but after all girls can get away with that easier than boys.

The Improverts were on good form, and afterward we adjourned to Whistle Binkies which seemed like it'd have been a great place to be were it not for all the noise - we really need more quiet Friday night places.

On Saturday Hamish and I worked on a self-promotion project I've been playing with which is now very nearly finished (actually it is finished I just don't have the right materials to produce it yet, something I intend to rectify tomorrow afternoon if possible.) and then watched Betty Blue with Anita, who was seeing it (incredibly) for the first time and didn't quite keep up with the subtitles.

After the movie (and after discovering that I'd got Iain's phone number wrong) Hamish and I set off to Glasgow for Iain's party, stopping briefly at Tesco in Lanark to buy the wherewithal for making ourselves 'tequilla rapido' because it looked like fun in the film on arriving at Iain's we spent about half an hour talking to people in the kitchen before pitching right in to the party as a whole... well Hamish pitched in, I sat in a corner and caught up with Iain, at whose instruction I ducked getting involved in the drinking game Hamish lost, (which I was surprised by because he'd seemed to play quite well) and ended up drinking some evil concoction from the navel of a lovely young woman called Amy whilst barking like a dog - no it didn't seem much like losing to me either.

The party wound down around midnight I think, but some of us stayed on talking and drinking, and I think Iain and I finally gave up and went to sleep at about 4am. Predictably enough I did almost nothing on Sunday. Pretty good weekend really.

No comments: