Monday, January 12, 2004

Happy for no reason...

... and it's Monday this is really most irregular given that I am never happy on Mondays except when there's a really good reason to counteract the whole "it's Monday" thing. Must have had a good weekend I suppose.

Actually I did have a good weekend, albeit a very lazy one, Friday became one of those Fridays when we all stay out until the end of the night getting very drunk (apart from Anita who wussed out early and went home) We started off with dinner at the Tass which is good but no cave replacement (still hunting for that) and then since Liz had to "work" we went across the road to the Waverley where there were an unreasonable number of real customers (the Waverley is lovely, but very small and out of the way, which makes it usually very quiet, enhancing the lovliness...) which meant Liz and her partner in "working" Fi actually had to work. a little bit. Also slightly distracting from the usual happy-to-be-here-nness of the Waverley was a blocked drain thing which was gradually causing the gents to submerge in water and um, matter - ik.

Closing time came before we all drowned horribly, but after Anita had gone home. Hame, Liz, Austin, Fi and I all bimbled about the city together merrily for a while trying to think of somewhere to go, and then because we couldn't think of anywhere we went to CC Blooms which I hate with a passion, but where (with the right crowd) a good time can be had - this was indeed the right crowd, and with the unexpected addition of Phil and Murray the time that was had was indeed good, if a little over-indulgent on the alcohol front (for my part at least.)

Saturday was mostly spent recovering from Friday: I vegged out on the sfoa at home and watched more TV than is normal, while Anita was productive and tidied up her den - this reversal of roles is only slightly less unnatural than the fact that said den is now quite tidy! (there are actually flat surfaces in there now, and not just the vertcal ones!)

on Sunday I was marginally less cabbage-esque and got a few little odds and ends done before immersing myself in a multiplayer Diablo session with 'nite... all in all it's the kind of weekend that, while fun, usually leaves me feeling annoyed at myself... but I'm not, I'm really quite happy. Go figure.

I suppose me being happy could in part be due to having found two interesting and attainable looking jobs to apply for, so I'm off to do just that, oh and then I might work a little ;)

No comments: