Thursday, April 15, 2004

Cyrillic-ious

clearing out my pigeon hole at work this morning I found a parcel containing a CD I ordered about a month ago from a mail-order firm in Russia - it's Volumes one and three of the Traveling Wilburys on one CD. As far as I know the two albums were never released like this by Warner who appear to have deleted both from their catalogues (at least this Russian outfit was about the only place I could find selling 'em new and on CD)

The contents of the CD is of course what I'm most excited about ('tis a playing as I type and sounds every bit as great as the first time I heard Dad's tapes of it) but the packaging was unexpectedly exciting too... in fact it's probably the coolest parcel I've ever received - look:



's pretty blurred because I don't have my real camera with me so I snapped it with the phone (and I wasn't going to hold off opening it until I get home!) but you get some idea - the labels are printed in Cyrillic except for the one with my address, it's covered in exotic looking stamps and squiggles and best of all it's tied up with string! 's like getting a parcel from the past... anyway the library catalogue's nearly finished its mammoth update so I'd better get on with some work.

Oh yeah - today's my first day back not yesterday: yesterday morning I woke up to find that stretching was a bad idea and my back felt worse than it had all week so I stayed in bed and lay flat on my back (something I find really difficult) all day which seems to have reduced it to manageable twinging.

Right, work.

note: I originally posted this with the wrong language name - I blame my excitement at all that brown paper

No comments: