Thursday, May 18, 2006

don't faint!

Yes, it is another update, no, you didn't just slip into a coma and miss a month.

I have some assorted announcements about random unimportant stuff further down but first I wanted to talk about the restorative effects of sunlight for a minute. Central Scotland's decidedly unpredictable summer has been spending most of today in sunny mode and I'm really pleased. It's been a disappointingly quiet week on the job front (after a promising start), and yesterday I had my first 'no show' viewers for the house which was really frustrating (sitting in an imacculate house for an hour and a half nervously waiting for people who don't arrive. Not fun.) Yet in spite of all that the light streaming into the house most of today has me feeling really rather chipper.

So, those announcements: first off I'm continuing the process of slimming down my worldly belongings list, having jettisoned large amounts of junk at the recycling centre and charity shops, it's eBay's turn and in case any of you are interested I'm auctioning a bunch of my stuff a peculiar mix of old ornaments (which have been in storage since I was 15 or so) and assorted tech junk I no longer need. More is likely to follow in time.

Next, any of you with a few minutes on your hands and an inclination to take part in surveys should go here where one of my friend Justin's students has a fairly thought provoking handful of questions for you.

There. now I'm going to munch some sammidges before I load a bunch of tools into the car and head off for a weekend of kitchen building with Karen, interspersed with a bookbinding workshop at Hamish's and a few hours on Friday night with the rest of the gang watching these guys (again) at Whistle Binkies.

I like my life, even if it is probably because it's a bit random.

No comments: