Wednesday, March 21, 2007

unclean!

I feel dirty: I just caved and submitted my CV to a few of the city's temp agencies - literally within moments I had an agent on the phone arranging an interview... I've been holding off temping because it's usually mind numbing work and because I'm looking for a real long term opportunity... but the overdaft is approaching critcal mass so it's time to reverse my cashflow and temping should at least do that.

I just hope one of the real jobs I'm applying for materialises before I lose my marbles from filing for some fiscal monolith.

3 comments:

Justin said...

Sympathy. Scottish Life sucked, but it did bring the cash in and they were very good about being flexible when Stevenson cropped up.

I nearly suggested temping on friday, but knowing how much you'd hate it forebore.

Hope they come up with something not too bad, and in the meantime a real job comes along pronto.

Good luck.

Patrick said...

cheers Just - I appreciate the support

Like I said I've been putting it off for ages now but with luck it won't be that bad, who knows I might even land a real job that way - stranger things have happened.

Chris said...

I got my first events job on the back of temping. And my last post at the RCGP too, so it's not a complete black hole - promise!

Of course, I also once spent two months filing away two rooms full of paper (but the opportunities for sly naps in that job were second to none.)