Thursday, April 19, 2007

accidental charity

Just home from a really cool evening out - Had dinner with Murray and Phil then went to the Bongo Club with Liz & Jo - a couple of weeks back while out dancing about like loopers at the Citrus Club I was seized with a desire to see some live Ska, and (naturally) mentioned this to Liz who (being a girl genius) promptly found us some!

Tonight was the first of two - a charity gig for Shelter which is good because I approve of them but (in all honesty) unless it had been a gig in aid of killing fluffy bunnies or something equally vile we'd almost certainly have gone anyway because these guys were playing and they rock* Their support acts were pretty good too though - the first lot were OK though I suspect they'd have sounded better with a stronger singer. Liz was kinder putting it down to the stress of live performance but I think he let them down. Second up were this lot fronted by a stunningly attractive** (and very talented) young woman who got the crowd well and truly warmed up for the main attraction. All good.

and I won stuff! There was a raffle and I won some Starbucks guff (fourth or fifth prize but hey!) including a little caffetierre which may prove very handy in my new office!

Life is excellent.

*especially the stunning attractive drummer, mmmmm
**James, this is about where you got texted - you would have liked her a lot I suspect and so should move here!

No comments: