Saturday, March 24, 2012

... quite a prize

What a lovely evening! It's been a long time since we did a proper Friday - then a few aeons ago Kim suggested we visit the Royal Observatory now that it's refurbished. Being a somewhat geeky crowd we all went for the plan. Tonight was the visit and I think I'm ok in saying a fab time was had by all. I saw three of Jupiter's moons for the first time in my life, was introduced to a splendid piece of astronomical software (Dad - you want to download that now it's brilliant) held meteorites, laughed at astronomers forgetting which of Venus and Jupiter is closer, and enjoyed splendid views of Edinburgh amongst some of its most striking architecture (a real feat in this city!)

Then we went to Liz's (via Tesco) for brinner and gin. And in mine and Liz's case a movie after everyone else wussed out - lightweights!

Splendid night. Yay for Fridays!

* Title is a reference to the somewhat disturbing fact that I found myself nodding along to Fergal Sharky on the way home as if his lyrics were meaningful. Possibly there is such a thing as too much gin after all?

No comments: