Monday, June 27, 2005

shiny!

... meanwhile I've finally called in the accidental damage insurance on my poor old battered laptop Sparky the other week after his most recent and near fatal fall...

Since Apple just effectively announced they're never making a PowerBook G5, I don't mind too much... though frustratingly if it weren't for the physical damage, that laptop would have happily gone on for at least another couple of years.

So it's a fond farewell to Sparky after four years of stirling service he's being sent away to the insurance company who either decide to repair him, or they'll send me a cheque and send him to live on a farm for retired laptops.

After passing the gauntlet this afternoon, Sparky's given way to Flash (the "aa-aaah!" is optional... really) a shiny top-end 2005 model PowerBook G4 who cost less new than Sparky, and is a smidge more than four times the speed...

Yes it would seem like an extravagance to anyone who didn't know me and how pivotal a part of my life my computer is. You lot all know better than that right?

No comments: