Thursday, July 27, 2006

Family

So this weekend we officially added a sibling to my family, Alex and Steve have been together now for about 8 years and over that time it's been feeling steadily more like Steve is part of the family. All the same there's something that just feels right about them making it all official. As my parents put it on the day, he's not Alex's partner or boyfriend anymore, he's her husband, their son-in-law and my brother-in-law. They're all just labels, but the sense of belonging and inclusion that those labels suggest is fitting.

Come to think of it, "fitting" describes the whole wedding. That and hot. Al and Steve decided ages ago that a summer wedding in the Cotswolds would be a good idea... I'll let them off because it was ages ago - if it had been a recent decision I think we'd all have been looking for them to get their heads examined: formal wear and temperatures upwards of 30°C do not mix! And while this place was a spectacular location, it really wasn't equipped to shelter us from the heat all that well...

Somehow in spite of the stupidly hot weather, and both being in what must have been far and away the least comfortable outfits Al & Steve managed not only not to die from heat exhaustion but also to look absolutely stunning, see:

Al & Steve looking unbelievably cool in spite of the heat

There are heaps more photos and a video somewhere but I think that one shot kind of sums up the day. I might stick a handful more up in the pictures section later on though because there are some really great ones... just depends how busy I get with moving (more on that another time)

So now we are 5, me and my siblings I mean, it's great this getting extra brothers and sisters business, makes me very happy.

No comments: