Tuesday, December 16, 2003

stuff

so OK, I've learned my lesson: the gods and their nasty sense of humour are watching and it's asking for trouble to 'blog about one's naissant relationships, fine. got it. can I get back to having a love-life now please? *sigh* I was enjoying it.

There's still no word whatsoever from the amazing disappearing man, which sucks and makes me think that while I'm ready to embark on that emotional adventure thingy, he, perhaps, is not.

harumph.

Otherwise all's well, term finishes officially in a few short days and they're mostly just clock-watching since the kids all find ingenious ways of not having to do any work at this time of year, leaving me to get on with nice quiet un-taxing stuff, and the occasional entry on here :)

My tree arrived in the house (after a modestly heroic quest to find roof-bars for the car) on Saturday evening and we (Me, 'nite and my visiting friend Abby) had fun decorating it with lights and baubles - it looks very festive and more importantly it smells like a hundred happy memories... I think that buying the tree is perhaps my favourite part of the whole xmas thing, and this year I get to do it twice because (unlike last year) my family and I will all arrive at the house in France together, and so we'll get to do the tree shopping thing there too. yay!

I almost have this present thing sussed too... still a bit of the actual buying to be done, but I'm not as worried as I had been that I won't be able to think of enough things, now I'm just worried they'll be the wrong things but I always am and they always are the right things, so it's not a real worry, more like a holiday tradition really.

Hamish and Austin have gone back to their respective family homes across the Atlantic, but being here is still a very social experience. I've managed to catch up with my friends Jamie and Sarah over in Glasgow, and will be off with the remaining Edinburgh crowd to see Return of the King on Wednesday... all of which reminds me how good this year has been in terms of having really great friends around to spend time with... essentially life is good.

No comments: